Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 1st Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Last year I had a sign taped on my belly. It was an eviction notice. Yep that's right. I threatened Katie to vacate her dwelling as of 12/25/2010. As you all know, she called my bluff.

This year, I dressed up as one of 4 angry birds with my team mates. Katie - Well there was just one option for her costume.

With Daddy being Australian and Katie being half Australian, we just had to represent.

So here her costume is.




A KANGAROO!

That's right, Katie Roo the Kangaroo!


To celebrate this festive holiday I made mini pumpkin pies and witches fingers.

Nana brought Katie to my work in the afternoon since they were hosting a Trick Or Treat in both buildings! Katie LOVED all of the attention. She didn't get any candy.. ok not so true. Mommy got some candy and Katie chose the ones that made the best noise! like M&Ms in the bag or skittles. 

Her favorite treat was a box of kitty and puppy stickers. They were in a box and made just the best noise ever when shook. 

I had to kiss my munchkin goodbye for a few hours and get back to work. 

After work I picked her up and stopped at a good friends of ours, Jorge and Debbie's. We helped them answer the door and pass out candy while Katie "crab" crawled and scooted around . It was a fun night watching her reaction to other little kids. 

Katie started getting tired so I bundled her into the car and headed home to a SICK daddy. Not fun. 
Daddy had a nice dinner ready, steak and home made fries. We had a nice quiet meal and then cuddled on the couch and put Katie to bed. She went down without a fight.

So much excitement for one little girl! I look forward to next year when she will be able to walk on her own and go door to door! So many memories made and so many more to make.

It was a great Halloween and I hope all of you had a fun evening as well!

Next up! Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment