Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July~






FOURTH OF JULY

Another first for Katie.  This time last year I was 5 months pregnant and unknown to how much my life was about to change. 


I made some of Martha Stewart's Firecracker cookies. Turned out OK. They would have been better if I had more time for the royal icing. 

Joe's mom thew a bbq up at her house and invited all of Greg's family(her boyfriend). We left home early in the morning and got there around 10:30. We spent the morning eating bananas in the sun and then taking a nap. Once nap time was done it was time to hit the beach!


I got Katie an adorable swim outfit. I just couldn't resist. What do ya think?

We literally spent ALL day down at the beach..
Sitting on the deck with Grandma

Playing with her toys while waiting for her bottle to warm.


Joe's brothers while waiting for the burgers to be done
Rory getting lovins from Jacob




Myself, Joe, and Katie decided to play out in the water on the tide flats. 

Scared to let go of mommy's hands

Sitting on her own!

Splashing around
Then Logan just couldn't resist her smiling face. He had to get some kisses in. She giggled and wiggled the whole time.



She wanted to continue to splash around so Joe just held the back of her swim suit while she played. Until she fell over. I can't help but watch the video and laugh.



After her fun in the water, she had an outfit change and a nap.
Woke up frisky!


It was a very fun fourth full of family and fun in the sun. 

When the fireworks came, Katie slept in my arms while sitting 10 feet from the fireworks. She slept right through it. 

Such a brave little girl.

The night was full of tears. I had to work the next day and Naomi was going to watch her so we decided it was best to leave her up at Grandmas for the night. My poor Mama heart. (I'm borrowing my friends saying because it just describes it so well)

I cried over and over. Many times I tried to lay a sleeping girl down in her crib and I just couldn't do it. After cuddling for over 30 minutes I finally had to let her go. It was midnight and we still had an hour drive until home. I kissed her sweet cheeks and wished her sweet dreams, laid her down and then I walked out of the room. I cried the whole way home and then slept with her blanket. Sad I know. 

The next day Katie had a walk with Grandpa and Grandma before I picked her up. 
She enjoyed it but she got a bit of a sun burn on her head, nose, and cheeks.


Once I got her home I was so happy! We played, cuddled, and then had story time.



She fell asleep easily and I couldn't put her down. I just wanted to hold her forever. I did eventually lay her in her crib and crawled into my own bed, after all I had to work the next day. 

Not looking forward to the next sleep over. I think it may be awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment